Thursday, December 13, 2012

Business Cycles

Business Cycles

A business cycle is a period of time in which an economy expands and contracts. A business cycle consists of four parts: 

  • Peak - A high point in the business cycle.
  • Recession - A period of contraction.
  • Trough - A low point in the business cycle.
  • Recovery - A period of expansion.


Other Business Cycle Terms

  • Depression - A very low and long recession.
  • Boom - An extremely high peak.



Disclaimer: As the owner/author, I am the legal copyright holder of the material on this blog, and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without my written consent. The information provided in this blog is for entertainment purposes only. I am not providing any kind of professional advice. Readers are reading and/or using any information contained in this blog at their own risk. I reserve the right to change the focus of the blog, to shut it down, to sell it, or to change the terms of use at my discretion. I am not responsible for the actions of the advertisers or sponsors. If you purchase a product or service based upon a link from the blog, the reader must take action with that company to resolve the issue, not me. I am not responsible for the content contained in external links, or any damage resulting from proceeding to them. I am not responsible for the privacy practices of advertisers or blog commenters.

No comments:

Post a Comment